Saturday, September 30, 2006

I feel great!!

Ok, so I didn't run yesterday morning, but I did take the girls to the park and walked around the path for 1 mile! It may sound easy to you, but pushing a double stroller over a walking path that has more hills then flat spots is quite the task! I felt great afterwards. We ran into Tammy and Tina, two moms from church, and their kids playing on the jungle gym. So we stayed and played for another hour. Is was great fun... will definatley have to do it again.

I worked out again last night for an hour. I timed myself for the first time on the mile run... 16:20. A turtle pace compared to Angie's 11 min miles!! But I will get there... I have faith! I also worked out my upper body and am feeling a little sore.. but all around better!! I have my Kempo class this morning. Three hours of kicking, punching and pure torture. I LOVE IT!! Angie gave me great advice about taking it a minute at a time. That helped alot yesterday. I walked into the kitchen alot in the afternoon, but everytime I reached for something to snack on, I just thought of that advice... grabbed a glass of water or cup of tea... and told myself to wait another 15 minutes. By the time I did that 4 times... an hour had gone by and I was too full from all the water I drank to eat anything. I also got in a couple of miles walking to the bathroom and back! LOL

So, all in all, I think I am off to a good start. Feeling good, inside and out.

A couple of people asked me who Tigerlilly was... Most of my family knows that as a young girl my dad nicknamed me Tiger. It followed me thru the years. As I got older, it turned into Tigerlilly. I guess I had blossomed!! So, to me, Tigerlilly is a strong, athletic and healthy girl. She can do anything she sets her mind to, and has her whole life ahead of her. So in all of this, I guess I am on my way to finding Tigerlilly once again! I know she is still in there somewhere.. !!

Looking towards a hectic weekend... but am feeling strong!

*tigerlilly

3 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

woo hoo, way to go. sounds like you are off to a fantastic start.

Olga said...

Small steps and small goals will bring best results. I was once 182. I would have never even dreamed about running 100M races (and some of them well) back then. Angie did it, she is a superstar. You will do it too - not "you can" but "you will". Small steps, like in a 100 mile race, will be moving you forward. The difference is - there will be no finish line. But a lot more fun on the way:)

Sarah Elaine said...

I found you through Angie's blog. Well done!

Yes... it can be done. I have been over 200 lbs. myself (I am 5'1".) I have dropped 7 dress sizes in 18 months and I love to be active now. Like you, I am concerned about health, not beauty. You are not alone. Keep moving forward!