Saturday, July 07, 2007

SNACK ALERT

So I am always keeping my eyes open for a healthy snack! (Aren't we all!!) Although the 100 calorie packs are good... they kinda of start the ball rolling for me, so then I either eat 2 or 3 packs at a time, or my sweet tooth has gotten a taste and is craving more. I found these yesterday... and I LOVE them! They are called Fruit Ripples : 'crispy baked real apple pieces'. They are only 50 calories per pack, 0 fat, 75mg sod, 13g carbs, 10g sugar. They are very crunchy.. but oh so tasty. The best part is that they give you just enough in each pack to quench your hunger and not leave you wanting for more.


Tomorrow is weigh day for me. I snuck a peak today... I have gained since my 6 lb loss.. but I am still under my 215 high. I think a lot of that weight I lost in the beginning was water. In fact, I can prove it. My wedding ring was so tight at first that I couldn't wear it all the time. Now I have it back on all the time, and it has room to turn! I'm ok with the 'gain' which I am still calling a 'loss' because it means that I am headed in the right direction. Anyway, I have a lot of outdoor fun planned for today, so maybe I will burn off another pound or two today...


I'll leave you with another quote:

More die in the United States of too much food than of too little. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent Society


Find your focus... have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

I'll have to check out the Fruit Ripples and see if they're being sold in my area. Like you, I have a problem with the 100 calorie snacks that just wet the appetite for more.

I agree that your "gain" is really a loss. As you say, the important thing is that you're going in the right direction.

Christine said...

Thanks so much for sharing another snack idea - I have gotten thru the last few weeks with those 100 calorie packs! :) Good luck tomorrow with the weigh in. Take care!