Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Day 11: 204.5

A half pound gain today, but that doesn't bother me. I did a full circuit of weight lifting yesterday... so hopefully its just new muscle!!

I did my run this morning. I wouldn't say it was easy.. but it was a little easier! Do any of my running blog buddies have advice on breathing techniques?? I cant get a rhythm to my breathing and it really bothers me. Advice?

Food is awesome. I am eating the right size portions and feeling full.. sometimes even leaving food on the plate! Yikes! I've come along way from eating all of my food plus whatever the girls left on their plates! LOL

This week is looking good. The band has two gigs this weekend! Friday night at a car show and Saturday night at The Orchard again. I just hope I can keep from using that as an excuse not to run. At this point though.. I'm having a hard time finding anything as an excuse! I have a picture of myself in my head of me at 145 pounds celebrating my 30th birthday... now THAT is motivation!!

7 comments:

Cory said...

You are doing so great! Keep it up!

Fatinah said...

maybe do each week of C25k twice....give your lungs time to catch up to your legs.....that has worked for me....in anycase - don't give up - you're doing GREAT!!!!!
did you know that the C25K program is available free for download on iTunes? it give you the cues, so you arent' watching the clock all the time....

Tiffany said...

I would have to say the breathing gets easier. The pro-runners will tell you that you have to breath through your nose but for me that is impossible while I am running. I just breath through my mouth and it all works out. Congrats on your weightloss.

Laura N said...

Breathing is tough. My only suggestion would be to slow down some, esp. as you increase your distance. Speed kills newbies, is what I read on the coolrunning.com boards. And it's true. So let yourself build up distance and don't worry about speed. Go as slow as you need to to get your breathing right.

When I started, I was running the speed that I can walk now (4.3 mph). Now I can run at 5.5 and 6.0 mph for significant distances, but it's taken a good 6 months of building up to that.

You are doing SO GREAT!!!!

Unknown said...

Swimming actually helped me get the rhythm down. After swimming for three years in high school, I trained myself to get a breathing rhythm down. Once you get the breathing rhythm down you have won most the battle!

Martalu said...

You go Tigerlilly! Wish I had advice for you on the breathing, but I'm no runner! I'm proud of you, girl!

Wish I could see you perform. Good luck on the gigs, too!

Tri+Umph said...

For breathing, I suggest syncing it up with your feet. I breathe in when my left foot hits the ground, then breathe out the next time the left foot hits the ground.

Think: left (in), right(in), left(out), right(out), etc.

I will agree with the others too, if you're out of breathe, slow down! Calories burned in a run has nothing to do with speed, and everything to do with distance. If you remember your physics, work is distance times mass; no speed involved!