Friday, September 21, 2007

Day 7: 206.5
Ok.. so I am still bummed not to be seeing at least a little bit of a loss.. but I think I know the problem. Portion Control. I did farely well yesterday.. at least I thought I did until I remember what I had for dinner. A heaping plate of shrimp linguine with 2 servings of broccoli. It was very healthy.. but I ate enough to feed 2 people.. maybe even 3! Aaaack. So today I really need to pull out the measuring cup and start measuring. I found this :

Meet yourself half-way.
You can lose weight and still eat your favorite foods! Just decrease your portion sizes by half. For example, if you are used to eating a whole deli or sub sandwich at lunch, just eat half and supplement your meal with raw veggies on the side and finish of with some fresh fruit. Then wait to see if you're still hungry. If you pause after eating the first half and allow yourself a few minutes to feel satiated, you just may find you're too full to eat the other half anyway
.


That might help a little. If I can remember to pause after eating half of what is on my plate to see if I'm still hungry.

I ran another 1.15 miles this morning. This makes 5 days in a row, 5.5 miles, 1hr and 36min of running this week! Thanks to CoolRunning I can keep track of everything. It makes me feel better when I can write down and keep track of my achievements..and baby, these are some awesome achievements!! I plan on running tomorrow morning and then take Sunday off. Next week I start week 2 of the C25K program... yippee!

4 comments:

Cory said...

Portions are a big problem for me as well. And one of the reasons I'm still at the size I am. But we just have to remember that the measuring cup is our friend! Good luck on that today!

Laura N said...

It helps to weigh and measure food, too, at least when you first start tracking so you know how much you truly are eating.

This is the scale junkie in my talking, so ignore it if you like. A scale that measures in .5 increments is not going to show you the small losses. After a couple months of losing, I bought a new scale that weighed in .2 increments. It helped me a lot, because what if I lost .2 pounds? The scale would show no loss if it is the .5 type of scale.

Not a huge deal, but when you are dealing with the fragile ego of the dieter, every little bit helps!

You are doing great with running! Super job!

Fatinah said...

I bought some spoons from weight watchers. One is 1/2 cup and one is 1 cup. I now use them when serving supper, and my whole family now only has one portion of spaghetti for dinner and they don't even know it!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't running make you feel so good?! I know when I run, it makes me feel stronger, and like I can do anything. You're doing great!