Thursday, March 20, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SPRING , Day 1 P90X

Today is the first day of spring. It feels like it too. We are supposed to get in the 60's today!!! I don't care how cruddy I am , we are spending the day outside. I cant believe that Easter is this weekend. I am used to our yard being all green and beautiful for the egg hunt. This year my grass is barely green and there isn't a leaf on any of my trees or bushes. I have put the sprinklers on every day this week in hopes that my grass will suddenly look green and full. HA!

We got our P90X in yesterday. It looks fantastic. I am debating whether I should start it today (crud allowing) or if I should wait and start on Monday. I hate working out when I'm sick... but I also know that unless I have a fever or a cough there is no reason why I shouldn't. I am too curious.. I'm starting today. I am going to take a 'before' pic like they suggest and do all my measurements.. then in 90 days I will post the before and after pics... This is actually perfect timing because it matches up with my challenge. Not only will I be doing some great workouts but I will be walking a ton too. By the 4th of July I should be looking H.O.T.

P90X also came with a nutritional book. It is really a very easy 'diet' to follow. In fact, I have pretty much been doing it perfectly for the past week or so. I know that the next 3 months are going to be very challenging for me. Not only physically but mentally. I will be doing the P90X as well as my walking challenge daily. I will still have my Karate class two nights a week and Belly dancing every Monday night. I will have to focus on my food and calories... as well as Hubbys. If I can stay focused for the next 3 months, get it done, lose the pounds that I can.. then maintenance should feel extremely easy after that! LOL. Seriously, I just need to do the next 3 months without cheating, crying (whining, bawling, sniveling, whimpering) or missing a workout. It's 3 months people... I can be strong for 3 months!

Ok.. so now that my pep talk is done.. the plan for today:

60 min P90X Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

Focus: lots of water, vitamins

So, today is day 1/90. Lets get started!

4 comments:

Aunt Melvie Brownies and More said...

P90X, huh?? That looks like hard work!! I can't wait to see how you like it! I'm sure you'll be pretty sore, but if you do it for 3 monthds, there's no way you WON'T see results!! :)
Easter already: Maybe your grass will turn green by this weekdend! We can hope so! Mine is green, but mostly full of weeds. :(
Weeds grow first apparently. Hope you have a great 1st day of Spring!!

Fatinah said...

I can't wait to hear about your workout - don't forget to update us!

SuccessWarrior said...

90 days will fly by and you're going love your summer body. I'll be following along.

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better enough to enjoy the outdoors!!