Thursday, March 06, 2008

I am feeling the pain in the shoulders from yesterdays Forza workout. Its a good pain, the kind of pain where you know you worked every muscle in that area. I was going to hop on the tready this morning but I have my Karate class tonight and I do not want to be worn out for class. According to Spark People 90 minutes of Martial Arts burns over 1200 calories!! Yikes!!

I started logging my food on Spark People again. I have been exceeding 1500 calories and that just crosses out my workouts.. time to make it all count right? My plan for today:

B: Kashi Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Snack: celery or apple
L: Steamed Veggies with a drizzle of salad dressing
Snack: celery or apple
D: Spinach and Onion Hamburgers

If I can stick to that I should be good on my calories today.

Now on to a **duh** moment. When I was making bread the other day I was pulling the pans out of the oven and setting them on top of the stove. I grabbed one with a bare hand trying to make room for another pan. I swear I held on to it for a full minute before I could let go. I got a terrible burn, but yesterday is turned into a blister that looks exactly like the Nike Swoosh... check it out!



Its like a constant reminder to Just Do It!! LOL

5 comments:

Claire said...

Uh, Tigerlilly, you are the ONLY person I know who could turn something as painful as a burn into motivation!! :-) You rock, chicka!

Unknown said...

Ouch!!!

Good job on the martial arts, that IS a lot of calories! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

I have started back journaling my food too. It is too easy to eat extra calories if you aren't adding them up every day.

P.O.M. said...

Good job on the calorie counting. It really does help to do it for at least a month. Then you get the stomach/brain to know exactly how much to eat.

Hanlie said...

It could be a message from the universe! I must check my moles, maybe they've got a message for me in Morse code!

That was so funny! Not the ouch part, of course!