Tuesday, August 07, 2007



I didn't do my run... made the band playing congas!...still don't know about the new house (grrrrrrr)...packed about 5 more boxes... and continued to stress.

Thank you ladies for your supportive comments.. I think today will be better. I HAVE to run today to make up for yesterdays. I don't have to go anywhere, so I can focus on packing up my closet (which is a little bit scary!). I don't think I was on track with water yesterday.. so I desperately need to drink drink drink!!

I jumped on the scale this morning.. it went up 1/2 a pound. I am pretty sure it is all water so I'm not too worried. I AM worried that it is Tuesday and I am still not 100% on my song to singing in the finale on Thursday night.

I played the congas yesterday for a local band here and was hired on!! Yahoooo. I will get paid $100-$700 for each show. Amazing... you can make money doing something you love.

I have to say that had this all been available two months ago when I was at my highest weight.. there would be no way I would do it. Losing weight (even though its just 11 lbs) has given me a little more confidence to get out in front of people and show them what I can do! The karaoke contest, the conga playing... they are both things that are putting me up on a pedestal.. literally.. and I have to be able to smile and perform... its only going to get better baby!! whooohooooo!

Time to roam the blog world and visit y'all!

6 comments:

jeannie* said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Just keep packing those boxes -- but I feel your pain! I'm still unpacking... argh!

And sing sing sing while you pack! I want to play the BONGOS! Thats awesome :)

Cory said...

Congrats on making the band. That is terrific!!!

Christine said...

Wow. Good for you. I am so glad that your extra boost of confidence is making you some cash!! Super happy for you. Not to worry about the gain - doesn't count when you have all this other great news. Take care - toes are crossed for you for Thursday's sing!

Tiffany said...

I love how you have the two pictures side by side I can tell in your face you have lost weight. Keep up the good work!!

R said...

Congrats on the conga job very nice..I think everyone hates packing it seems like you have things you didn't before & you find things you have been looking for & couldn't find

Greta & Gurdy said...

That's awesome about the conga job!! How exciting! And you look FANTASTIC by the way!!!