Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hump Day





Old picture... but same snow!


It is another cold morning. Another 2 inches of snow fell last night. I am up early again this morning. For some reason when I workout the night before, I wake up early ready to go! So here I sit at 4:30am writing my blog... it is nice to have a little time to myself in the morning. I was debating working out this morning because I am sore from last nights Ultimate Tae Bo workout. I'll see how I feel a little later on. My diet went well yesterday. Tried a new WW recipe for soup. Slow Cooking Manhattan Clam Chowder. Its a two point soup, very filling and yummy. Even hubby loved it, and he is pretty picky about his soups.

Today is a day for staying home. Family will be coming by for lunch and play time with the girls. I have a little more cleaning to do, and some crafty christmas presents to put together.

I tend to do well when I set goals for myself... I have made a new mini goal. I want to be under 200 lbs when we leave for Puerto Rico. Because we dont have a set date yet I can only estimate that we are leaving in 2 or 3 weeks. I hopped on the scale really quick this morning to see how I was doing.. and I was down another 2 lbs !! 207!! I am not posting that until Monday, you never know what will happen between now and then.... but it was a great motivator! So, I have 2 weeks to lose 7 lbs...8 if I want to be UNDER 200 lbs!

I also raised my total goal weight. I had 140 on here, but after thinking about it I realized that I would be happy at 160... not because it means not losing the other 20 lbs, but because I have NEVER been 140 in my life, I was 160 in high school and because of my athletic build, that was very comfortable... so I will go for 160 and when I reach it, if I think I should keep going... then I will! But for now, it seems more do-able to me.

Ok... so I bought a pair of pants before I started dieting. A size 18! Yesterday I wore them, and every couple of minutes I had to pull them back up!!! They are too big! Woooohoooo. I hate to say it, but I think I can throw those bad boys away and get out my 16's!

Last nights workout was hard to get started. But once I got going I started feeling better about it. It was one of those workouts that you needed to do to remind you how good it feels. Today I will do an Ab workout and my tae bo tonight.

Have a Blessed Day

7 comments:

jeannie* said...

Goals are a great thing! Get us motivated! I think 160 is a good overall goal for now too... and when you get there you might just keep going to 140... who knows!!

And congrats on the size 18s being too big!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that snow!

and WOO HOO for 16s!!!

Cory said...

Goals are so important. Especially the little ones.

Congrats on the pants. That is awesome.

Greta said...

Oh I love your snow. I could go for some right now.

I would LOVE to get a copy of your soup recipe- did you get it from the ww website?

Anonymous said...

boy you are doing great and that pic of duffy was sure cute
stay after ncduff and his dip'
if i could quit cold turkey after about 45 years of tobakey he sure can

Anonymous said...

You are looking good!!
So proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I love it when my clothes don't fit! It let's you know that you're doing something right. I love that you set mini-goals for yourself. I need to do that. Keep up the good work!