Monday, December 11, 2006

Wiegh In Day



Good Monday morning! It was a great weekend. Hopefully a great interlude to a great week. So, today is weight in day and to my disbelief I lost 3 lbs. I can honestly say that I did NOT stick to my diet at all the past week... and the only exercises I got was walking up and down the Vegas strip...which can actually be a lot of walking... but nothing like what I was trying to do. So YEAH!!

On another note, I have been told by more then one person that I focus too much on the number on the scale. To that I have to say this, yes, on this blog I do focus everything on my weight...because this is my outlet. Where else can I keep track of my weight and talk about what I think I'm doing wrong or right? I realize that everyone reading my blog is hearing the same thing over and over again....I'm fat...but this really does not consume my life. I have two kids that do that!! LOL... just kidding. But honestly, I enjoy my life. I have almost lost it too many times to not enjoy every second. Yes, my weight does bother me...and I do talk about it a lot.. but that is because in my quest to enjoy my life, it has become a hindrance. So, like everything else in my life, if it is bothering me, I get rid of it. I don't focus on the negative....but losing weight is not a negative to me...this is something that I can focus on that I know will make me happy.

Ok ... so now I am just rambling. The thing is, that most of you only know the side of me that is fighting this battle of the bulge.... but don't think that that is all I think about! Please! I do enjoy the help...and Lisa, you totally have the right idea. Being happy is the key to losing weight....and I will definitely be looking up alot of those links you put up for me (thanks for the blog note on your site) but I just wanted you to know that for me dieting is simply living healthy...I know I have mentioned starvation.. but that was in a moment of sheer frustration..which is perfectly healthy to feel. I have a thing called "I want it now" syndrome. When I see something, or want something... then I want it NOW... and losing weight is the one thing that I cant get instant gratification with...and that is the hardest part for me to deal with. So, with little steps, I will continue on.....

Thanks to all my blog friends... I look forward to reading your daily life journeys everyday... and hope you will continue with me....

Have a Blessed Day

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey there! :) Don't feel down about comments others make about your blog (dieting, weighing in, etc). If they don't like it, they don't have to read it :) That's my motto anyways! My blog was well publicized in Milwaukee because of my makeover, so I had a LOT of people that know me in real life come and read my blog, then make comments (online and in person). You're doing great - 3 lbs gone forever is awesome!! Keep up the great work!!

Cory said...

You know, I've never really thought of you as obsessed with the numbers. I guess I can see where people might think that(they may think the same thing from me from reading Dragon's Loss too), but sometimes people forget that we may not put all facets of our lives online for all to see.
And if someone doesn't like what we write about, they can just stuff it! It's not their blog anyway, right?

And congrats on the loss! That is wonderful....

jeannie* said...

I dont think youre obsessed with numbers. At least no more than the rest of us are :) You're completely right that this is our outlet and I dont doubt that every one of us lives a great and fulfiling life.

That being said -- CONGRATS on being down! Looks like your last weigh in caught up with you and you saw those results.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I'm just excited that someone is out there reading! Congrats on your 3 pound loss.

I thought I was the only one that had the "I Want it NOW" syndrome! Sticking with weight loss is one of the hardest and most gratifying things I've ever done... I'll be back to read more...
Poppy

Anonymous said...

hi tl you just keep doing what you need to do as long as you , the girld, and mcduff are happy you dont need much more.

ArleneWKW said...

Your attitude is totally right on Tigerlilly. Congratulations on getting rid of the 3 pounds. You are most definitely going in the right direction . . . and proving that you can do this even when on a vacation.