Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunday

Good Morning! I had a wanderful time at the Christmas party last night. It was a girls only party that ended in a Christmas present x-change that was fun. We all ended up with really nice presents.. and nobody switched! The food was delicious and I did grrrrrreat. I went to the table ONCE and filled a plate with a tiny bit of everything.. including one piece of my Honey Cake which turned out delicious. So here is the recipe:

Honey Cake

cake

3 large eggs
1 cup honey
2/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

syrup

1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1. Preheat the oven to 350*F . Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick spray, then dust lightly with flour.

2. To prepare the cake, in a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk in the honey, orange juice, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt: mix well. Add the flour mixture to the honey mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the pan.

3. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the center of the cake is firm when pressed, and a cake tester comes out free of crumbs, 50-55 minutes. cool in the pan on a wire rack.

4. To prepare the syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the honey, water, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 1 minute. Cool 15 minutes. Pour the syrup over the warm cake in the pan and let soak 30 minutes. Turn cake out onto a serving plate - There may be some syrup that was not absorbed.

Per Serving (1/12 of cake):311 cal, 5 g fat, 1 g Sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 53 mg chol, 145 mg sod, 64 g carb, 1 g fib, 5 g prot, 18 mg calc.
POINTS value : 6

(This cake is eaten to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year. Honey is a symbol of hope that the coming year will be sweat and fruitful.)


Today it is cold an windy... so another day of no bike riding :(

I am going to do my Tae Bo Abs workout today and then the Ulitmate workout tonight before bed... hubby promised to do it with me today!!

I saw progress in the mirror this morning!!! It might have been my imagination.. but I dont care.. my tummy is shrinking!!

We took tons of pictures last night, but I dont have them on the computer yet.. so will post them as soon as I do! I also made a new friend last night who lives right across the street from my mom... Hi Alycia!!

Have a Blessed Day and I will be back tomorrow morning for Weigh In Day!! Woooohooo!

3 comments:

Cory said...

Glad to hear you are seeing results. I doubt it is your imagination!

Living to Feel Good said...

I doubt it's your imagination too. WooHooo! I just realized the beginning of this past week that my belly was shrinking too. Isn't that so awesome!! It validates everything we have been doing. Good job with the food. I hope I have the same will power on Christmas. You rock!

LOVE the picture. OMG you look so cute in your christmas top. I love it. You have just totally inspired me to find something red to wear on Christmas. :)

jeannie* said...

How wonderful that you are seeing results! Good for you! You've been working out enough... so I'm glad its paying off!

Love the pic too! So adorable.

Keep up the good work!