Thursday, December 28, 2006

Trusting God

Good Morning Ya'll!! Its snowing....again. LOL (Onepinkfuzzy... you should bring Ash up to play in it if it sticks!!)

So I don't want to step on anyone's toes.. but I came across this book that I want to share with everyone. Its called "Devotions for Nibblers" by Kristen Johnson Ingram. I started the first day today and I want to share it with everyone... for those of you who are Christian.. it may help you!

Trusting God

He rained down on them manna to eat, and gave them the grain of heaven. Mortals ate of the bread of angels; he sent them food in abundance.
-Psalm 78:24,25


I know God will supply what I need - but that isn't ever enough for me. I overeat, or I eat the wrong things, or both, and I think God wants me to look at what that behavior means.
I'm like one of the children of Isreal in the wilderness. God sends me manna and I ask for meat; God sends me meat and I ask for a banana split. And at the core of all this asking and wanting is the mysterious fear that somehow I won't have enough - so I eat as much as I can whenever food is around.
Manna was good for only one day; you couldn't stock up on it because it spoiled. I think God is showing me that I'm saving my manna as body fat, which is spoiling my health, my appearence, and my dignity. What I have to do now is really believe that God wants the best for me.


For Further Reflection:

1. Are you willing to let God satisfy your needs today?
2. Do you trust God to guide you about food?
3. Can you remember to gather God's love anew each morning, and not try to store it up?

Prayer

God, I need to believe You will take care of my relationship with food. Teach me real trust. Amen

I hope this might help some of you... I will post a page from the Devotional every Thursday.... if you want me too share more of it with you let me know and I'll email it to you every morning.

Anyway... because of the snow my hubby is still home.. which has affected my workout time... but thats ok.. I can do it a little bit later. My diet was a little off last night.. so I really need to buckle down for the next 4 days so that I can have a great Weigh In day on the 1st day of 2007!

Dont forget to check out the 2007 Challenge... the link is under 'my fav blogs'.

Have A Blessed Day!

7 comments:

Living to Feel Good said...

Love the Christmas photos you posted, and a big congrats on losing 2 pounds during Christmas week!! You rock!! That is truly awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

hi tl you good lookin little girl
i din't know abi\out you being snowed on eith msduff noe dont you hurt hin to much

PearShapedGirl said...

Hi Tigerlilly! I'm so happy I can finally post here again, I don't know what was up with blogger! I was still reading, even though I wasn't commenting. You are doing great, girl! I am so proud of you! Um, I think you totally won the 5 pound challenge. I decided to GAIN those 5 pounds instead, yikes! I enjoyed reading the excerpt from your book today, and look forward to reading them on Thursdays. I'm going to check out the 2007 challenge as well, thanks for the heads up. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well, keep it up!

Take care,
PSG

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting the devotinal. I'll look forward to it each Thursday. I was checking out the 2007 challange, and I'm thinking about joining in Thanks for adding the link.

You were talking yesterday about reading some of the biggest loser blogs. Where did you find them? I would love to check some of them out...
Hope you have a GREAT Day!

Poppy

Cory said...

Thanks for sharing the devotional. I think I might actually pick it up. That way I can share it with Momma and my sister after I finish.

We probably all have to buckle down over the next few days, but I'm glad you've done so well.

Michelle said...

I love the devotional! Thank you SO much for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

snow, woo hoo!!!!!!!!