Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Sunday Blues.....



So yesterday started out wanderful. Hubby, the girls and I lounged around in our pajamas ALL day. They my father in law came by... and was the bearer of good news and bad. First the bad, because it is a sore subject with me and I want to get it over with... we are not going to PR in January...and it does not look promising that we are going at all now thanks to my husbands idiotic brothers who have managed to ruin it for the rest of us. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... (deep breath.....**sigh**) The good news is that means we will be here for my hubbys oldest brothers wedding on January 27th. So what does that mean? I need to lose 20 lbs in 27 days. Think that is possible?? I do! I did it once when I wanted to join the army 6 years ago. Granted, I had my recruiter picking me up at 4 a.m to run 5 miles, and then again in the evening... and he had me on a strict 500 calories a day diet... but in 3 weeks I went from 192 to 170.5! (that .5 is what kept me from shipping out that day... long story short they sent me home to lose half a pound.. .but ended up realizing that I did not want to go into the army at all... and didnt!)

No worries.. I am not going to do the 500 calorie diet becuase I know now that that is rediculus... and unhealthy. But I am going to work my butt off at shedding the weight. I wont be a bridesmaid...no part in the wedding..... dang it I just want to look GOOD! So today is day 1...

What are we doing for New Years Eve?? NOTHING... I am not taking off my pajamas again today... except for maybe a bubble bath... but I am in such a terrible mood this weekend that I think it best to keep me out of the public eye! Sorry mama... no lunch today. Thanks for the invite though!

I do hope everyone stays safe tonight.. as it will be another wild one... and I will see you NEXT year!
Have a Blessed Day

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh bummer on PR!

take it easy, and good luck on the losing 20 in 27 days!

Michelle said...

Hey there, sorry to hear about your trip to PR being cancelled! What a bummer!! But good for you for turning it into something positive and kicking up your weight loss program! You can definitely lose 20 lbs by the wedding - and I can't wait to see photos! Have a wonderful evening at home with your family!

Greta said...

So sorry to hear about the trip but at least you can go to the wedding now.
Good luck on the weight loss for the wedding!
And cheer up! 2007 is going to b a fabu year! Enjoy your day in jammas!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes God has other plans for us and there will be a Blessing in those plans as hard as it may be to see them now. I love having you and your family close but if Gods plan is for you to go to Puerto Rico I wish you happy days and will see you when you get back. I only wish the best for you and your family as you are the light of my life. God has a plan for you and it will be awsome.
If you need a baby sitter for the wedding I am sure I will be available as if you loose all that weight you will need a baby sitter. That is what Grannys are for and they love it.
I see a Blessing already! Do you?
I love you
Mama

Cory said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the trip!!! That seriously sucks. BUT, you deserve a good break and I hope you had a good day yesterday. And you will look great for that wedding.

PearShapedGirl said...

Oh Tigerlilly, I know you were really looking forward to making the move to PR! Sorry, to hear that it's probably not going to happen. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose weight for that wedding. Pressure can make or break us! It usually breaks me... Good luck, I wish you all the best in the new year!

Take care,
PSG

Anonymous said...

This is a test. Jon Camp

Living to Feel Good said...

Happy New Year!! :D

jeannie* said...

So sorry to hear about the PR trip not happening, but the wedding will be a great motivator I'm sure!!! So just stay in the right mindset and you can totally lose some weight before the wedding!