Thursday, June 05, 2008

Only Half Addicted

I have been slowly losing my workout mojo over the past couple of days. I have been eating what I want, without really worrying about calories or fat. I am losing the battle. I know, I know... it happens. You fall off the horse, you get back on. Getting back on is proving to be a little more difficult this time around. Burn out?? Maybe. I think it is more along the lines of not seeing the weight drop as fast as I would like it to. I'm not asking for -10 lbs a week... but -1 lb a week would be awesome. It takes me months to go down 3 lbs... and even then it fluctuates like a yoyo on crack. Really high highs and really low lows. UGH.. frustration is what is keeping me from getting back on.

I went through my cupboards this morning. Yes, the magic pill has to be in there somewhere. What I found was a collection of half empty bottles. Half Empty. Why would I stop half way? Why would I bother doing it for so long and then quit. Had I finished the bottle maybe I would have seen better results..... ahhhhhhhh.... now I see the light. I am half way right now and ready to add the next bottle to my collection. (no, not literally... I have been clean and off diet pills for years now) I am suffering from yet another case of self sabotage. I need to dig deep and finish this. All I want to lose at this point is 40 lbs..... yes, just 40 lbs...... so lets get it done so we can stop this crazy roller coaster of emotions and feel the warmth of success!

Today's Plan:
Shoulders & Arms

Focus:
FOOD AND WATER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi TL, I'm back from vacation and checked your post to see how you are doing. I was glad to hear about your little girl's testing, and that they are going to be able to help her. That picture of your daughter and the little 'cowboy' dancing was too cute for words.

Tigerlily, regarding your discouragement over eating/losing weight. I have noticed your lists of what you are going to eat for the day, and I think you are too hard on yourself. Maybe you like that food, but when I read it, I can't imagine eating it for one day, much less the rest of my life. I wonder if that is why you just give up and eat whatever you want. Is there a middle ground where you can find stuff you would like to eat for the rest of your life? A way to re-do some of your favorites so they are healthier and you will still be able to eat them? Well, I know unsolicited diet advice is also usually unwanted, so I will shut up. But I just don't want you to give up. I think there's a way it can be done. It's just very individual and different for each person.

Tiffany said...

Dieting sucks and it is no fun - BUT look at how far you have come. You are hot with all of those muscles!! I think it is time to try some new receipes - I have Jillian Michaels new book "Making the Cut" and it has some great, healty receipes in it. Are you eating off of your daughters' plates? I catch myself doing that all of the time - don't forget to count the mindless calories - they can add up to a ton.