Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 40:202

Ya.. I know... yikes! A 4 lbs gain from yesterday to today. It might be the weight lifting catching up... it might be the water retention.. it might be all the freakin food I ate yesterday. Not much I can do about it but make sure that today is a good day.

It already started out good. Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I was up at 5am (thanks to an incident with hubby, the fireplace and the smoke detector!) and just felt like running. So I hopped on the treadmill and ran another 1.3 miles. I am thinking of hopping on this afternoon during nap time and walking another mile or two.. just to make up for all the mindless eating I did yesterday. Ugh.

Hubby and I workout together. Well... kinda. I do my workout in the morning and he does his at night.. which works out really well. Anyway, he showed me this really cool new workout that he wants to do on our 'Active Rest' days. (those are the days when you are not supposed to lift weights or run, but instead do something different that you enjoy... like playing a sport, riding your bike..etc) We have been pretty lazy on those days because we cant think of anything to do that we would both enjoy... until now!

Its called Forza The Samurai Workout.

Powerstrike Forza is Italian for "strength and power." Also known as Samurai Sword Training, the one hour class is a supercharged workout that blends elements of two Japanese sword fighting techniques - Kendo and Aikijujitsu. Ilaria Montagnani combined her ten years of martial arts experience to develop this imaginative format in 1995.

Group Exercise
Specifically designed for group exercise, Ilaria's newest creation uses a fitness sword and teaches precise striking movements that shape the upper and lower body while building strength.


Big Calorie Burn

Powerstrike Forza is also a fantastic cardiovascular workout where the average student burns 500 calories per class. Controlled and balanced movements lend a meditative aspect to the class, helping to calm the mind and spirit. Incorporating an ancient art form into a present day fitness format, Powerstrike Forza allows exercise enthusiasts of all levels to experience the strength and mysticism of working with swords.

Warrior Spirit
A sword will teach you to have no fear. To be successful with a sword, you must find in yourself the desire to overcome fear. You will learn how to push past your limits, to be fully committed to your actions, and to find the determination in yourself to strive for more






We ordered the 1 hour workout yesterday and I found a company that sells martial arts training supplies and ordered two weighted wooden swords... hopefully we will have both by the end of next week.. I am really looking forward to doing it. With my martial arts back ground... and hubbys dream of becoming a ninja (LOL... ok, so he really just wants to be a bad ass!) I think this will be a great thing to mix it up a little!

8 comments:

Laura N said...

Those pounds will come back off quick as they went on. Keep your perspective about it, which you are, and you'll be fine.

You are a running fool, girl! Woohoo!

Mom said...

Sounds like the sword class would be fun! The pounds will come off. Take care and have a great week!

Pokey said...

Another blogger I know (Pat) does "Kendo" with his son....seems kinda similar.

I say do whatever makes you happy and keeps you moving!

You are doing GREAT!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Wait, you still lost one from last week though, right? So that's good. My weight has been fluctuating a lot this week, too. Sounds like you've found a fun activity for the two of you.
Path to Health

Karen said...

Dang, I have too low of ceilings in my workout area to even try something with a big stick!
I'm betting that 4 pounds won't hang around long.

Krissy said...

Martial Arts training sounds like a lot of fun. From what I know of it, it's an amazing full body work out that's a lot of fun to participate in!

Anonymous said...

I do weight training 3x a week and have never noticed a fluctuation afterwards. I think if someone first starts weight training they might see an initial gain but I doubt that would happen every time we worked out. Besides not lifting enough weightd, as we do more and more weight training it increases our motablism and makes us more efficient at burning calories.. probably just a coincidence if you've put on after weight training. :)

Cory said...

That sounds like an awesome workout. Should be a lot of fun. (My husband has already told me I'm not doing it. Says I can't. Makes me want to pick up a copy of the workout!) I'll be waiting to hear what you think about it!