Monday, January 07, 2008

Day 115:194

I gained half a pound over the weekend. Not a surprise though. I have been suffering a terrible toothache all weekend. Comfort foods that are easy to eat (like bread) have been all I've been able to eat. We have no insurance right now and no money for me to go running off to the dentist.. so if anyone has any home remedies to get rid of the pain please share!! I cant handle hot or cold and it is driving me crazy. Just drinking my water is painful... so I'm sure I'm pretty dehydrated to. Ugh.

I did manage to walk 3 miles this morning. It felt good to sweat..hmmm, never thought I would say that! LOL . Today we are supposed to get two feet of snow...and it has gotten off to a great start.

On a funny note.. my mom called me and asked me if I wanted to get out of the house one night a week and take belly dancing classes with her at the local college. How fun is that going to be!! LOL. I just hope we don't have to do a show at the end of the year!! So today I am going to try and make it into town to sign us both up. Classes begin next Monday night. Maybe this will help me lose a little more belly!!!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hate to say it but you will probablly have to suck it up and go to the dentist. In my experience tooth aches do not go away and you are going to have a major dental bill. They might be able to put you on a payment plan. I know where you are coming from I don't have dental insurance either and boy have I had some big bills.

Fatinah said...

mmm, I agree with the last comment - leaving it will likely make it worse. Poor you!!

I belly dance - you're going to love it. You won't believe how in tune you will get with your body and how much your posture will improve. Tons of people thought I lost weight when I started dancing - but I was just standing straighter cause my confidence went way up. I start my classes again on Wednesday and I can't wait. Make sure to tell us how it goes!

Laura N said...

Yeah, a toothache like that probably means you need a filling or a crown. Do whatever you can to get to the dentist--you definitely don't want the decay to get to your root, because they you'll need a root canal which is more expensive and painful than your current options. Sorry chica!

Belly dancing! Can't wait to hear about this new adventure.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your toothache! I hope it gets better. The belly dancing sounds like fun, let us know how it goes.

Military Mom said...

I went to belly dancing classes last year with a girlfriend of mine, and I have to tell you, it was the most fun I ever had. We just had a blast, and our abs did get a good workout, as you'll soon find out! Expect a little muscle soreness the first few weeks. Have fun with it!

And sorry about your tooth. Ambesol works pretty good for awhile, but you'll have to get it fixed soon I think.

Anonymous said...

so sorry about your tooth - I've been there with the no-insurance thing - it sucks! I'll send some happy painfree vibes your way.

I have always wanted to try belly dancing! There is a show on FitTV called Shimmy that does belly dancing moves - I've never tried it but thought it might be fun. Let us know how it goes!

Cory said...

Very sorry to hear about your tooth. That sucks!

I'm sure you will enjoy the belly dancing classes. I wish they would bring them back at my gym!

Christine said...

Ohhh the belly dancing classes would be great! I think you should. I would in a heart beat if I had someone that was just as excited.

Pokey said...

Sorry about your tooth :( Just dont let it go too long or else it will only nmake things worse!

I hear that belly dancing is a GREAT workout! I'm excited to hear how it goes.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohh I have wanted to do belly dancing classes too... enjoy it...

amma15 said...

I'm actually hoping to take belly dancing classes, 2 of my friends are takinthem and they love it...I just can't seem to fit it in my schedule.