Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 133: 194.5

Karate was A.W.E.S.O.M.E ! They kicked my butt all over that gym and I loved every second. My kicks, punches and blocks came back like second nature... but I am STILL really out of shape. Here I've been thinking that I am in such great shape already when really I am no where near where I should be. I am better then I was, no doubt about that. Had I tried this class at my heaviest I probably would have keeled over of a heart attack. I kept up with them though.. and am so excited to go back for the next class.

The people in that class were even more inspiring. First off, the instructors son is a fighter for the MMA and UFC.(we all know how I love UFC!) A couple of months a year 3 UFC fighters go there to train and fight. (We live at a very high altitude so it is great endurance training for athletes) One of the students is a retired professional boxer. His first 15 fights were knockouts in the first round. Another student is a Jui Jitsu trainer for a UFC fighter. So there is a lot of talent in this Karate class.. and I am very excited. Did I already say that? Oh yeah, I'm very excited!!

Every muscle in my body is aching this morning but I wogged 1 mile, did 100 sit ups and 20 push-ups. Tomorrow morning hubby and I have a babysitter for the girls, so we are BOTH going to Karate class!! Yeah!!

A couple people asked about why I use the name Tigerlilly... well, I will tell that story.. but not right now. Maybe this weekend.... and yes P.O.M., I think I see Tigerlilly too!!

***On a Family Note = VICTORY .... we have been diaper free for 4 days and 3 nights with only one accident. I am FREE of diapers...free, free!!!!**********

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I mentioned this to you before, but I did jui jitsu/judo for a year and a half in college (about 2 years ago) and when I did that my entire body was sore afterwards. Plus I would have bruises everywhere. hahaha. I love that feeling and miss it!!

You are going to convince me to go back to jui jitsu, whether or not it is $95 a month. ahha.

Anonymous said...

Free of diapers?? I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying... you mean there will come a day when I don't have to buy diapers EVER AGAIN EVER??? We just started potty training my youngest and I swear I will do a happy dance all over Walmart when I can walk in there and walk out again with NO diapers!!

Laura N said...

That's excellent that you get to go with your husband. It's always a good thing to be able to do stuff like that together. Glad you had a good time.

Yay for no diapers! Whatever will you spend the saved $$ on? =)

Enjoy your weekend.

Cory said...

SWEET! on all counts. Glad to hear you enjoyed your class.
And congrats to the toddler! Four days is a great run!

P.O.M. said...

As Napolean Dynomite would say - Flippin' Sweet!

I have always wanted to learn that stuff, but am totally intimidated!

Yeah for no diapers!!!!

Military Mom said...

Congratulations on a successful Karate class! I knew you would love it. And keep up the great work.

And also for the no diapers thing. Personally, I progressed from diapers to pull ups, but its still cheaper and easier.

Mamacita Chilena said...

How awesome, doesn't it feel so good to be doing something you absolutely LOVE doing AND be getting in a great workout and losing weight at the same time?!?

And you are doing your workouts with some pretty hardcore fighters it sounds like so they will probably keep pushing you. That is so great!