Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Protein Shake Recipes...

Ok.. so my hubby is on the Abs diet.. and they believe that there are certain foods that trigger the fat burning switch...so this is their recipe for protein shakes and they are YUMMY... you can try different combos.. but these are my favorite..

PBJ

1/3 c. non fat yogurt
1/2 c. non fat milk
1 scoop whey protein (I use chocolate, it gets rid of my sweet tooth)
1 tblspn Flax Seed powder
1 tblspn all natural peanut butter
4-6 frozen strawberries

Blend it all together and you get a yummy shake...

You can take out the berries and use a bananna, or take out the peanut butter and use pineapple and mango...mmmmmmm.. just make sure it is WHEY protein powder you are using (I actually can buy it here at Walmart) and dont forget the Flax seed powder..that is fantastic for you.. Enjoy!

3 comments:

PearShapedGirl said...

Mmmm, that does sound very delicious. I'm going to look into getting some whey power. Thanks!

lisa jane said...

If theres one thing i cant stand to eat it has to be protein shakes.But different strokes for different folks right?

i love peanut butter though,and bananas and strawberries.

pineapple too,we have some in the fridge.

glad that you are feeling happy!!

jeannie* said...

Hmmm interesting. I dont have the flax seed or whey protein, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. But it sounds quite yummy!! Thanks for the recipe :)