Monday, November 20, 2006

Weigh In Day

I lost 1 lb!!! Not as much as I was hoping for, but it is still a loss none the less. My measurements are jumping around...I think it depends on how much I work on a certain area... when I do alot of sit ups my waist shrinks, but if I dont keep it up, it bubbles back out! hmmmm... I am still gung-ho about it , I feel good and am determined to get this done. In the same breath, I cheated terribley on my diet yesterday.. so no PD#5 today :( I dont know what gets into me, but whenever I KNOW I have to do well on my diet, I tend to want to cheat MORE... and yesterday I gave into the temptation...

M&M's
lollipop
chips
cookies

UGH... I probably could have lost a whole other pound.. but ate it back on. Well..I am back on the wagon and today is going to be an outdoors day... the park, trail walk, and yard work. Hopefully, if the weather is as warm as it was all weekend.

Yesterdays food:

oatmeal and strawberries
lollipop
M&M's
salad
chips
spaghetti
cookies

NO EXCERSIZE... hmmmm, notice that on my PD's those snacks are filled in with protein shakes?? I really need to start packing a shake with me in my purse..

I am trying to get recipes together for Thanksgiving dinner. It was going to be a simple dinner with just me , the hubby, kids and father-in-law... but NOW we are having 12! people over... good grief. I am going to try and keep everything fat free (since I am doing all the cooking, that should be easy) If anyone has any good recipes they want to share please let me know!! I need some side dish ideas! OH.. and does anyone know how to make giblet gravy?? My husband is begging me to learn how to make it.. and I dont know where to start.(obviously NOT a fat free dish)

Hope everyone has a beautiful monday... and have a blessed day!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on the loss!! That's wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1lb loss!!

PearShapedGirl said...

Hi Tigerlilly... too bad about your PD#5, but I know you'll get back on track. Just have to start over again, right? Congrats on the 1lb loss! I lost 1.5lbs, so it looks like we're in for a close race! As for the giblet gravy, I found a couple of recipes for you on allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Giblet-Gravy-I/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Giblet-Gravy-II/Detail.aspx

Martalu said...

Hey, remember when 4 PDs sounded impossible? I have to say congrats on those! And a pound lost! YAY!

My Thanksgiving menu is so bare bones that I can't even suggest any side dishes. Just fill up on salad and veggies first before hitting the "good" stuff!

Once again, GOOD JOB TIGERLILLY!

Cory said...

At least you lost a pound! And glad the party went well. Good luck with Thanksgiving. I can give up on it being a good one...

Anonymous said...

well you did not do to bad, i have lost some too. i do not really work on it to hard.
i used to know hoe to make giblet gravey but have forgotten how i did it.

Anonymous said...

yay for losing a lb! have fun making thxgiving dinner :)

ArleneWKW said...

The lecturer at the Monday night Weight Watcher meeting shared a poem with us entitled "Start Over." There are a number of versions of the poem. The one she shared had to do with weight loss. I found it on the following site:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/
art38814.asp

Thanksgiving and the holiday season is bound to be challenging. I think we have to be (1) prepared and (2) gentle with ourselves when our self discipline weakens.