Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Quote To Diet By?



I read a quote the other day that has actually helped me alot... especially during meals.

"Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper"

Simple huh? So breakfast for me carries the majority of my calories and carbs, lunch is quite a bit smaller and less carbs... and dinner is something small and simple with as little carbs as possible. I've tried this for two days now, and I can tell the difference in my eating habits... for one, I am not hungary in between meals!! Second, I am not over eating! As the day goes on my portions get smaller. I am also keeping tack of my water by drinking 2 (16oz glasses) of water before breakfast, 2 before lunch, 2 before dinner and 2 before bed... giving me a grand total of 128 oz... which is definatley keeping me full.. and hydrated!

I am fighting the urge to jump on the scale every morning... I want to see a drop, but I'm also scared to see it not move.. or worse, a gain! .... I still have 2 weeks before my second weigh in of the year... so I am keeping the faith.. and moving on.
I do feel a change in my body, but is it real? or am I just imagining it to make myself feel better? grrrrrrr

Today I have a 3 hour Kempo class, so I will definatley be burning calories today! This afternoon the girls are heading to my moms for the day and hubby and I have a dinner date tonight all by ourselves to celebrate an early valentines! Yeah!

Have a Blessed Weekend... I'll see ya'll on monday morning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok tl how come you are mad at your mom making her keep tose little muffinmashers all day.
say ji to mcduff and have a nice dinner, me got to clean house today;

Meghan said...

I've heard that quote before, and seen weight loss shows on the discovery channel where people have lost a ton of weight by "reverse dieting". I always wonder how these people handle "dinner with other people" situations. In my family dinner is the big family meal where we make something extravagant and delicious. I can't imagine eating a tiny little bit of it and calling it good!

Hope you had a lovely dinner with your husband! Have a great weekend!

WeightWatchnWoman said...

That quote is great!!! Unfortunately for me, it is totally opposite. I eat the most of my calories for dinner, the least at breakfast. I was just thinking of ways to change this pattern. This quote sure has helped!